Other Income

We’re asking this question to find out how much money the people in your home get from places other than a job. If you don’t know the exact answer to these money questions, give the best answer you can. Keep in mind giving us more accurate information allows us to give you more accurate answers. To answer the question, please type in the amounts each person in your home receives from any of these sources:

Social Security - By Social Security, we mean retirement payments and disability benefits. Don’t include SSI income in this box.

Child Support - Child support is the money that you or your children receive from a parent who is not living in your home.

Unemployment payments - Unemployment payments are payments you may receive from the Connecticut Department of Labor if you have recently lost your job.

Interest Income- Money that you earn as interest on stocks, bonds, savings accounts, etc.


Dividends Income – Distribution of earnings to shareholders that may be in the form of cash, stock, or property.


Rental Income- Income received from rental properties.


Alimony- A husband's or wife's court-ordered provision for a spouse after separation or divorce.


Veterans Benefits- Pension or disability benefit paid to veterans or survivors.


Worker’s Compensation- Worker’s compensation is a form of insurance that provides medical care for employees who are injured in the course of employment.


Pensions- The regular income provided by a pension.


Other sources - Some sources of money don’t count at all. If someone receives income from one of these sources, you don’t have to tell us about it:



Keep in mind that there are many other kinds of income that may not count. If you receive a type of income that isn’t listed here, it’s a good idea to ask our staff about it when you apply for benefits.